Thursday 15 April 2010

Carla Bozulich, Cello Playing Francesco & cats in an old Italian house



Playing the New Adelphi Club, Hull
2nd May
Carla Bozulich (voice, guitar, effects & electronics)
Francesco Guerri (Cello)
Sup: Hurricane Lulu (voice, violin & magic boxes)


It is great news that Carla Bozulich (Constellation Records) is returning to Hull. This time she plays in a duo with Italian cellist Francesco Guerri. I was lucky enough to see Carla's 'Evangelista' whilst playing with Awash With AntleR *see bottom* a couple years ago. On 2nd May, I'm supporting as Hurricane Lulu (mostly Rose, my violin & I) . As my project is still unravelling, I'm not going to give too much away for now. I really hope you can make it. It should be a pretty special night. Lulu x

'I'm in the countryside outside Bologna in a big, ancient house playing music and cats with an awesome colleague / friend, Francesco. The paint is peeling. Giant fireplace warming my feet. We're making pasta with herbs that grow wild in the hills...All that other stuff can kiss my ass.' Carla Bozulich
(Official newsletter, 15th April)

*** For our 5 hard core Awash With AntleR fans (you know who you are)... Having been a bit more Hull bound this year already, professional tea & cake sessions with Sally & Emma have once again commenced. There are quite a few things lined up this summer. Please see http://www.myspace.com/awashwithantler for dates***

1 comment: